|Preço Kindle:||R$ 254,99|
Usando a câmera do seu celular, digitalize o código abaixo e baixe o app Kindle.
Seguir o Autor
Modern Computer Architecture and Organization: Learn x86, ARM, and RISC-V architectures and the design of smartphones, PCs, and cloud servers, 2nd Edition (English Edition) eBook Kindle
A no-nonsense, practical guide to current and future processor and computer architectures that enables you to design computer systems and develop better software applications across a variety of domains
- Understand digital circuitry through the study of transistors, logic gates, and sequential logic
- Learn the architecture of x86, x64, ARM, and RISC-V processors, iPhones, and high-performance gaming PCs
- Study the design principles underlying the domains of cybersecurity, bitcoin, and self-driving cars
Are you a software developer, systems designer, or computer architecture student looking for a methodical introduction to digital device architectures, but are overwhelmed by the complexity of modern systems? This step-by-step guide will teach you how modern computer systems work with the help of practical examples and exercises. You'll gain insights into the internal behavior of processors down to the circuit level and will understand how the hardware executes code developed in high-level languages.
This book will teach you the fundamentals of computer systems including transistors, logic gates, sequential logic, and instruction pipelines. You will learn details of modern processor architectures and instruction sets including x86, x64, ARM, and RISC-V. You will see how to implement a RISC-V processor in a low-cost FPGA board and write a quantum computing program and run it on an actual quantum computer.
This edition has been updated to cover the architecture and design principles underlying the important domains of cybersecurity, blockchain and bitcoin mining, and self-driving vehicles.
By the end of this book, you will have a thorough understanding of modern processors and computer architecture and the future directions these technologies are likely to take.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of transistor technology and digital circuits
- Explore the concepts underlying pipelining and superscalar processing
- Implement a complete RISC-V processor in a low-cost FPGA
- Understand the technology used to implement virtual machines
- Learn about security-critical computing applications like financial transaction processing
- Get up to speed with blockchain and the hardware architectures used in bitcoin mining
- Explore the capabilities of self-navigating vehicle computing architectures
- Write a quantum computing program and run it on a real quantum computer
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers, computer engineering students, system designers, reverse engineers, and anyone looking to understand the architecture and design principles underlying modern computer systems: ranging from tiny, embedded devices to warehouse-size cloud server farms. A general understanding of computer processors is helpful but not required.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Computer Architecture
- Digital Logic
- Processor Elements
- Computer System Components
- Hardware-Software Interface
- Specialized Computing Domains
- Processor and Memory Architectures
- Performance-Enhancing Techniques
- Specialized Processor Extensions
- Modern Processor Architectures and Instruction Sets
- The RISC-V Architecture and Instruction Set
- Processor Virtualization
- Domain-Specific Computer Architectures
- Cybersecurity and Confidential Computing Architectures
- Blockchain and Bitcoin Mining Architectures
- Self-Driving Vehicle Architectures
- Quantum Computing and Other Future Directions in Computer Architectures
Descrição do produto
Sobre o Autor
Detalhes do produto
- ASIN : B09QQ48MZD
- Editora : Packt Publishing; 2º edição (4 maio 2022)
- Idioma : Inglês
- Tamanho do arquivo : 5385 KB
- Leitura de texto : Habilitado
- Leitor de tela : Compatível
- Configuração de fonte : Habilitado
- X-Ray : Não habilitado
- Dicas de vocabulário : Não habilitado
- Número de páginas : 666 páginas
- Ranking dos mais vendidos: Nº 515,342 em Loja Kindle (Conheça o Top 100 na categoria Loja Kindle)
- Avaliações dos clientes:
Sobre o autor
Avaliações de clientes
Principal avaliação do Brasil
Ocorreu um problema para filtrar as avaliações agora. Tente novamente mais tarde.
A principal característica deste livro são os detalhes sobre as arquiteturas mencionadas, como ARM, RISC-V (amplamente utilizado não apenas em microcontroladores, mas também em SBC de alto desempenho) em comparação com clássico x86.
Acredito que Jim [autor] buscou objetivamente em compartilhar o conhecimento voltados para os iniciantes, mas também serviria para profissionais e entusiastas.
Existem diversas menções sobre números binários, diferentes tipos de conjuntos de instruções, inteligência artificial, computação quântica e segurança cibernética.
Não posso esperar que tenha tudo, pois não caberia em único volume, mas já é um ótimo ponto de partida!
Principais avaliações de outros países
Content: Not ok, this is like trying to learn architectures in a 5 mins video... extremely superficial. The book is misleading when it does not clearly states this is an overview of everything related to computers. The entire book is composed of brief descriptions of technologies, for example MOSFETS are covered in 4 pages at chapter 4. By chapter 6 we are looking at Artificial Neural Networks in 3 pages. And between the page of the MOSFETS and the one of the ANN.. there are 24 sub-topics already exposed! All of them in brief 1-3 pages sections.
The above is an example, but the entire book is like that: It never deepens on any topic. This is basically a catalog of "things" that are related to computers.
The worst of all the chapters are the last ones, it is a joke to treat Self-driving vehicle architectures in 20 pages, where no architecture is discussed... is just a list of items that may or may not be used for that technology.
If you are looking for an introductory/first book on technology/architecture/computers... go for it, this is your book. It will give you a nice list of things you may want to explore later using other resources.
If you are a SW devleloper or any professional working at the tech industry, don't waste your time on this book... it will add no value and take some decent real estate from your bookshelf.