|Preço de capa sugerido:||R$ 127,76|
|Preço Kindle:|| R$ 24,99 |
Economize R$ 102,77 (80%)
Usando a câmera do seu celular, digitalize o código abaixo e baixe o app Kindle.
Bad Apples: Halloween Horror: The Complete Collection (English Edition) eBook Kindle
Buckle up for a journey into Halloween eternal. Over 700 pages of horror.“Brutal, humorous and utterly terrifying.”—Allan Leverone, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author
This special collection contains all three volumes of the highly rated Bad Apples: Halloween Horror anthologies, showcasing rising names in modern horror.
Features eighteen novellas and short stories by: Kealan Patrick Burke, Adam Light, Evans Light, Edward Lorn, John McNee, Mark Matthews, Jason Parent, Craig Saunders and Gregor Xane.
Buy the paperback on Amazon, and get the ebook FREE. Save over 15% by buying Bad Apples: The Complete Collection versus individual volumes.
BAD APPLES: VOLUME ONE
HELLNOTES raves: "Thrilling and chilling and nostalgic in all the right places. . .these stories are excellent across the board. Bad Apples is a welcome addition to the genre, and one that you can come back to year after year when autumnal darkness descends. Recommended."
- THE RIGGLE TWINS - Gregor Xane
- PUMPKINHEAD TED - Evans Light
- GHOST LIGHT ROAD - Adam Light
- EASY PICKINGS - Jason Parent
- THE SCARE ROWS - Edward Lorn
BAD APPLES: VOLUME TWO
"The Bad Apples crew is back with. . .six enjoyable horrific Halloween tales with the odd slice of humor neatly wrapped up amongst the violence and mayhem."
- SCREAM Horror Magazine
- HALLOWEEKEND - Edward Lorn
- CANDIE APPLE - Evans Light
- DIA DE LOS MUERTOS - Jason Parent
- TOMMY ROTTEN - Adam Light
- THE ONE NIGHT OF THE YEAR - Kealan Patrick Burke
- DOCTOR PROCLIVITY & PROFESSOR PROPENSITY - Gregor Xane
BAD APPLES: VOLUME THREE
"...a delicious concoction of tales..."
- Cemetery Dance Online
- BELLE SOUFFRANCE – Adam & Evans Light
- CHOCOLATE COVERED EYEBALL - John McNee
- OCTOBER’S END - Craig Saunders
- THE UNCLE TAFFY’S GIRL - Gregor Xane
- LAST STOP - Edward Lorn
- BODY OF CHRIST - Mark Matthews
- PULP - Jason Parent
About Corpus Press:
Corpus Press is a publisher of horror and weird fiction, specializing in modern pulp that emphasizes plot over gore. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, the press has garnered praise from SCREAM Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Horror Novel Reviews, Hellnotes and others for its Bad Apples:Slices of Halloween Horror series, the anthology Dead Roses: Five Dark Tales of Twisted Love, and for its short story collections and novellas.
Horror anthologies and collections from Corpus Press:
- Screamscapes: Tales of Terror
- Toes Up: Horror to Die For
- Dead Roses: Five Dark Tales of Twisted Love
Halloween horror books from Corpus Press:
- Doorbells at Dusk: Halloween Stories
- Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror
- Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror
- Bad Apples 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror
Detalhes do produto
- ASIN : B07H78JJ1Q
- Editora : Corpus Press (9 setembro 2018)
- Idioma : Inglês
- Tamanho do arquivo : 2249 KB
- Quantidade de dispositivos em que é possível ler este eBook ao mesmo tempo : Ilimitado
- Leitura de texto : Habilitado
- Leitor de tela : Compatível
- Configuração de fonte : Habilitado
- X-Ray : Não habilitado
- Dicas de vocabulário : Habilitado
- Número de páginas : 732 páginas
- ISBN da fonte dos números de páginas : 1983667633
- Ranking dos mais vendidos: Nº 602,595 em Loja Kindle (Conheça o Top 100 na categoria Loja Kindle)
- Avaliações dos clientes:
Sobre os autores
Avaliações de clientes
Principais avaliações de outros países
I also have to admit that I love the Light brothers and read everything they write, which is what attracted me to this compilation in the first place. I will also divulge that I’ve been sitting on Jason Parent’s novels for God know’s how long and have never gotten to them. That is about to change. I know that Jason is a horror aficionado and knows his movie trivia (although not as well as I do, if you recall), so I absolutely adored his short stories (more on that in a minute).
I actually had comments for each story but had to shorten this down because of word count. I will list the stories you must read!
BAD APPLES VOLUME ONE (overall A)
1. The Riggle Twins: this was almost my favorite story. Gregory Xane has really impressed me with his weirdness.
The Riggle Twins is a fantastic short story that manages to blend Halloween urban legend with a unique setting, plot, and characters. It was an intriguing premise that also caused the reader to want to know more about the lives and fate of Ben and Bella, and Sam’s ultimate goals. Personally, the concept is so good that Gregory could easily create a longer version of this universe. A+
2. Ghost Light Road: Adam Light goes with an urban legend and blows it out of the water. This is also one of my favorite tales in the book. He takes what could have been a simple urban legend and gives it an almighty twist. You’ll have a blast reading this. A+
3. Easy Pickings: a creepy, fun little read by Jason Parent. He also puts a unique twist on a bully story. I only had one issue: SPOILER
Trevor definitely deserved what happens to him but I’m not sure about Pasquale. If he didn’t hurt Jack, why did the monster attack with the same logic that was applied to Trevor’s mom and Trevor. (Just saying!) A
4. The Scare Rows: a wild adventure from Edward Lorn. This is a story in which you are introduced to the entire town and the reader gets hooked on each of their stories. You have to love the fact that Edward named the Scare Rows proprietor, Mr. Stuart Keane (like the horror author). I just hope that the real Stuart Keane’s penis is not made of an ear of corn.Very unique, interesting story. The only issue I had was how the ending fit together. SPOILER
The yeast infection explained how Mr. Keane was no more but what about Bohdan? A
BAD APPLES VOLUME TWO (Overall B-)
1. Halloweekend: another winner from Edward Lorn. Quite a strange story but you gotta love an author who names his characters after Laymon (he gets points just for this), Straub, and McCammon. He also has a cameo with the corn cob man and tells the reader that this story is taking place in a city nearby Bay’s End (the name of the city and main character in The Scare Rows). There are a few twists in this story and the creation of Joe and Dead Jerry were pure genius. A
2. Dia De Los Muertos: when I first started this story by Jason Parent, I didn’t think I would like it. It was all over the place. From the mind of a strung out homeless man, to war torn Afghanistan, back to the day of the dead in Mexico. But what made this story so good was its vividness and it’s depth. I loved the ending and that completely won me over. A+
BAD APPLES VOLUME 3 (Overall A with the best story of the entire anthology)
1. Belle Souffrance: FINALLY! A great story by Evans and Adam Light. It is intriguing, unique, deep, and disturbing. The main character, Serge, tells a great story. Loved the idea of the trinity ruling his life. A
2. Chocolate Covered Eyeball: This was in a tie for my favorite story. A must-read by John McNee. It was just an awesome tale. So good, in fact, that the reader wants to know more about the town’s history and Old Man Koolter.A+
3. The Uncle Taffy’s Girl: Excellent story about a guy who just wants to get laid. Gregory Xane has another winner here....Disturbing but fun. Great dialogue . A+
4. Last Stop: this was absolutely an homage to Richard Laymon. You will just breeze through this story by Edward Lorn. A
5. Pulp!!!!!! Jason Parent gets the award for my favorite story! This is a love letter to horror movies and it was just a pleasure to read. From naming the characters after famous horror directors and actors like Von Sydow, Carpenter, Raimi, King.... to giving them Halloween characters to match our favorite horror icons, Jason certainly uses all the horror tropes at his disposal to give us a page-turner roller coaster ride. The only comment I would like to make is that I think it would have been even more intriguing to NOT mention who some of the characters were, and some of the movie quotes. The reader can use their browser of choice to research and learn as much horror trivia as Jason and I. Bravo, Jason! This was an A++